FootGolf is a combination of football (soccer) and golf! Fun, easy and quick to play! Play FootGolf at Horizons 7 days a week after 3:30pm.
You don’t need any previous FootGolf, football or golf skills to play this sport. If you can kick a ball, then you’ve got to try it out.
Plenty of families, soccer clubs, school kids and adults are now coming out to play FootGolf on a regular basis.
The sport has been around for a while, but is relatively new to Australia. There is a professional league under the FootGolf Australia banner which filters up into the FIFG – Federation For International FootGolf – the international governing body.
Some of the rules…
FootGolf is a combination of the sports of Football and Golf. It is played on a golf course, using a football which is kicked along the fairway into larger sized holes.
The objective of the game is to score the least number of kicks at the end of a round of 9 or 18 holes.
- All players should have a ball, unless you are playing in teams where players take alternative kicks (Ambrose)
- Each player takes turns to kick their ball from the tees (orange markers)
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- Wait till the ball comes to a complete stop before taking your next kick.
- Count the number of kicks to get the ball in the hole, mark it on your score card, then move to the next hole!
- The player who gets the ball in the hole in the fewest kicks is the winner!
Horizons is the Home of FootGolf in Port Stephens.
FootGolf really is an affordable family sport.
- Adults $12
- Children (under 16) $8
- Family of four $30
- Ball hire $5 or bring your own soccer ball for free
- Don’t want to walk? Hire a cart for $15
Bookings can be made via our website page: www.horizons.com.au/footgolf any day of the week after 330pm.
Feeling hungry after you round?
Our Cafe is run by Wats-on The Menu Catering. They serve up a variety of dishes from chicken nuggets and chips, to delicious burgers! Drop by the Cafe before your round and chat to Paul or Sarina to pre-order your food. They’ll have it ready for you for when you finish up your FootGolf round!
Gift certificates can also be purchased any time – a great unique gift for a child or adult who likes sport. Visit the FootGolf Australia website and select “Horizons Golf Resort” in the course list. You can pay for your voucher online and have it emailed to the recipient direct or to you! Visit: http://footgolf.org.au/footgolf-gift-vouchers/
Host a birthday party at Horizons FootGolf! It’s open to all ages and great for kids! It takes around 45 mins to complete the course where you will finish up at the Clubhouse. We can arrange for a party table and food to be ready for your arrival! Check our website for pricing or call 0414210249 for more information.
Corporate or team day FootGolf events
Have your team day with us! Arrange a round of FootGolf followed by a team BBQ. We can even arrange a drinks cart just for your group! Group pricing discounts available.
- We can cater for groups of 50 or more!
- Let us arrange a social FootGolf comp for you complete with prizes!
- Use our function room for a post game meal or have a drinks and a BBQ in our garden terrace
For more information, get in touch with us. We’d love to arrange a FootGolf event soon!
Comments are closed.