Horizons Golf Resort, one of Australia’s premier resort courses, located in Salamander Bay on the NSW coast just two hours north of Sydney is seeking to employ a suitably qualified Assistant Course Superintendent for its championship golf course.
Reporting directly to the Course Superintendent, the successful applicant will possess and be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, people and leadership skills.
An extensive knowledge of turf management, horticulture, machinery, irrigation and an understanding of the game of golf is essential.
Responsibilities will extend to being involved in all aspects of the course maintenance program together with leading and motivating the team of greens staff alongside the Course Superintendent.
Suitable applicants should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Hold a recognised Turf Management Qualification (Certificate III minimum)
- AQF 3 spray licence or equivalent
- All aspects of turf management
- Strong knowledge of chemicals
- Machinery maintenance/operation
- Knowledge of WH&S policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of irrigation systems (Toro VP/Lynx setup) highly desirable.
- Previous team leadership roles.
Applicants should possess a strong work ethic and be able to communicate well with fellow staff, managers and club members.
Remuneration and applications
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant based on previous work experience and positions held.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience, please forward your resume together with a covering letter by email to
- Duncan Begley
- Telephone enquiries should be directed to Duncan on 0417 483 462
Comments are closed.